Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Nzuri At a Glance


Mrs. Leola Anifowoshe and Natural Chica
Although I attended Nzuri Natural Hair Festival in 2011, this is the first time I participated as a blogger.  I must say, I really enjoyed myself. I met some wonderful people and got a LOT of valuable information. The weekend started off with the Pre-Event VIP Party hosted at Aloft Hotel Galleria. The atmosphere was great and the attendees were dressed to impress.The weekend to follow was INSANE!!! As I arrived at Reliant Center for the event, the entry line had already begun to form. These people were waiting for the doors to open as early as 9 a.m. Their wait was not in vain. I had walked through and taken a tour of the venue before the doors were opened and was tempted to do some pre-show shopping. Vendors upon vendors were in the building selling their wares ranging from apparel to jewelery to art and a number of other goodies slated for the naturalista. Let's talk entertainment factor.  Not only did the Nzuri models show out at the VIP party, they showed up on Saturday bringing all kinds of face on the stage in the Nzuri Next Top model Competition. The entertainment continued on Sunday as well including Little Miss Happy Head and Little Mr. Handsome Man and Full Figured Foxy Competions. There isn't enough time in my day to cover all the happiness that resulted from attending this event. I will be posting more in depth coverage soon. This is finals week for me, but it is a must that I share all I can so you can see Nzuri through my eyes.


Kucheza Ngoma Dance Company
Mahisha Dellinger of Curls, Sponsor of  Nzuri Fest 2012


Photo by Dionne Murphy
                   
A few Nzuri Bloggersphere Participants


No comments:

Post a Comment