Monday, April 9, 2012



Good evening everyone! I hope you all had the chance to watch Oprah's Lifeclass tonight.  T.D. Jakes said, "At any age you can still ignite your purpose by finding your passion."  What is your passion and are you lining yourself up to fulfill your purpose?  It wasn't until December of last year when I decided to go completely natural (no chemicals/no heat) that I realized how one small change can trigger change in so many other areas.  I've always believed things happen for a reason, there are no accidents or miracles.  Everything we go through in life is a lesson and it is up to us to whether we learn from it or fall by it.  When you line yourself up with the right purpose and the right people, you will see things begin to fall into place.  I have always been a person of solitude but in December, I stepped outside my box.  I met so many wonderful women who were doing so many positive things. Things I never knew I would be interested in. I was afraid. I questioned my motives. I couldn't give myself permission to be content in the space I was in.  I stepped back, took a deep breath and asked myself, "Why not?"  Why not do something for you? Why not spend time enjoying your life?  I made a decision that day to take part in my own life. It's okay to think about the things you want for yourself and take necessary actions to fulfill them.  The alternative is living a life of mediocrity and never reaching your full potential. I want all that's mine and I won't stop until
I get it! 
 

On another note, I will be posting a new chapter in Getting to the Root on Wednesdays. I am now going to sign off so I can wash and condition my hair. Tonight I'll two strand twist with Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding.  Until next time, stay TWISTED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment